Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Humble Word


So this is my first legitimate attempt at blogging, if this can be considered legitimate. I've commented on message boards and other people's blogs for some time now, but never built up the courage to share my own thoughts. So here we go. I can now say that "I'm a blogger."

So what would I like my first blog to be about? Perhaps in honor of my poor attempt at blogging, I could list the parallels to the University of Tennessee's poor attempt at football. But that would be overly negative. Perhaps I could comment Biblical theology and redemptive history and how they apply to the Church in a post-modern age. But that would be over my head.

No, for my first blog I believe I will comment on Coke. That's correct, Coke-a-Cola. Just a few words as to which type of Coke I believe is superior. I think that this is something that I'm prepared to discuss. While everything else in the world is going awry, and governments are buying up the land, the one thing that I can consistently rely on is that a cool bottle of Diet Coke will always be there for me. I do believe that Diet Coke is superior. Regular Coke tastes too syrupy and Coke Zero tastes to synthetic. But Diet Coke, that's where it's at. At least for this guy.

1 comment:

Steve Walker said...

I love you Chris and you and I agree most of the time on weightier matters such as these. But diet coke? What gives? Classic Coca-cola - as we purists call it - is by far the better beverage of the 3 given choices. It's greatness is only exceeded by Dr. Pepper. "Too syrupy" he says?? TOO SYRUPY? Your phalanges should be singed for having typed such a malicious thing.